Minor Injuries and Surgery
We are now able to see & treat, or refer patients with minor injuries. The list of recommended injuries to be included are:
- Lacerations capable of closure by simple techniques
- Superficial injury of eye
- Partial thickness thermal burns or scalds involving broken skin – Not involving the hands, feet, face, neck, genital areas
- Minor Head injuries where there has been no loss of consciousness
Our doctors are also approved to perform minor surgery services, such as:
- Joint injections
- Excision of some skin lesions
- Excision of skin tags
The practice has access to additional services which you may require, for example:
- Sports injury clinic
- Counselling – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9) please complete our form.
- Social services
Private Medical Examinations
Special appointments can be made for medicals, insurance or employment purposes. A fee is charged for these, as they are not available on the NHS.
For a list of charges please ask our receptionist.
Contraception and Emergency Contraception
The doctors and nurses are all able to give contraceptive advice. We offer a full range of contraceptive methods including the fitting of coils.
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review please complete our form.
If emergency contraception is required it must be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex.
For emergency contraception please phone the surgery for an appointment as soon as possible.