If you get regular or repeat prescriptions, you could save time by switching to electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD). eRD sends your prescriptions electronically from your GP surgery to a pharmacy of your choice. It’s easy to use and you don’t need a computer or electronic device. Ask your GP or pharmacist to set it up for you.
eRD allows your GP to prescribe your regular medicines for up to a year. It’s reliable, secure and confidential. Your regular prescriptions are stored securely on the NHS database, so they’ll be ready at the pharmacy each time you need them.
Using eRD you can:
- Save time by avoiding unnecessary trips or calls to your GP every time you need to order a repeat prescription
- Order or cancel your repeat prescriptions online (if your GP practice offers this service)
- Pick up your repeat prescriptions directly from your pharmacy without having to visit your GP
- Spend less time waiting for your prescription in the pharmacy or GP practice
- Save paper – you won’t need a paper prescription to collect your medicine from the pharmacy.
For more information about eRD and how it works, ask at your GP surgery or pharmacy, or visit the NHS website: www.nhs.uk/eRD